Sunday 29 March 2009

Love: It's all about seeing the good things

Finally, William had a chance to experience true love. The mixture of Takeshi's striking looks, altruism, skills in the bedroom, skills with the coffee machine and, although William was chagrined to admit it, his wealth, made him an ideal partner.

"Takeshi," asked William one night, staring at the ceiling, "you don't think I'm a bit... lame, do you?"

Takeshi rolled over from where he had been looking at the night stars, still visible over the smog of the city. "What do you mean?"

"Well... you basically picked me up from the darkest place I've been in my life - metaphorically, I mean - and I dunno, perhaps I come off as a bit weak."

"William, weakness is only where you perceive it to be... who do I sound like, Oprah Winfrey?" William gave him a playful shove. "Anyway," Takeshi continued, "you're not weak to me. Look at you. You've gone through being an orphan, getting bullied, your best friend killed, having to leave university, your girl cheating on you with...." Takeshi paused. "But I've made my point - all that has only made you stronger. Plus," he added, giving William a little kiss, "you're pretty much the cutest guy ever."

"I love you, Takeshi," said William.

With that, the two forgot they had ever been insecure.

No comments: